At JivaPatha School of Conscious Yoga we strive to support you through your journey of self discovery
by blending the knowledge and wisdom from various paths to create a well balanced root for you to
manifest and grow from. We offer a comprehensive Yoga Alliance approved 200hr RY Teacher Training program.
The program will be led by Kathy Kowalski E-500 RYT and Linda Murray E-500 RYT. As part of the Teacher
Training, we will be welcoming guest teachers to bring their own personal areas of expertise and knowledge
to the trainees.
JivaPatha 200hr Yoga program provides a safe, nurturing, and creative environment in which to grow and
deepen one's practice. Thus beginning the journey towards becoming a Yoga Teacher.
Our Program is registered by the nationally recognized Yoga Alliance and upon completion of program,
graduation participants will be eligible to register as RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance.
- Faith Bevan E-500 RYT
- Justin Martz 200 CYT
- Linda Murray E-500 RYT
Class Limit: 10 Students
200 hr Program Overview:
- Gain knowledge about the history, philosophy and various paths of Yoga
- Insight into the Yoga Sutras & Bhagavad Gita
- Establish and deepen a daily asana and meditation practice
- Deepen your understanding of postures and their benefits/contradictions
- Gain understanding into why, when, and how to assist
- Begin to read the body and adapt postures appropriately
- Sequence postures to create a balanced flow
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers
- Intro to Energetic Anatomy
- Understand the muscular-skeletal components of selected postures
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness and balance in mind and body
- Learn to establish a daily meditation practice and learn to lead group meditation
- Assist students in experiencing transformation
- Learn safe and effective adjustments
- Intelligent Sequencing for all levels of classes
- Learn about the art of language for teaching
- Learn about the power of music in your classes
- Deepen your knowledge of Sanskrit and Chanting
The curriculum for the 200 hour Training will meet the Yoga Alliance Standards as well:
Techniques Training/Practice, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga
Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers, Practicum which includes practice
teaching, observing others teach and assisting students while another is teaching. Receive
and give feedback and remaining hours of additional home study and practice. In order
to apply for the 200 hour level we require having experience with yoga for at least 6 months.
Trainees may miss only two weekends. Additional work will need to be done to fulfill the hours.
Satudays 9-6 pm Sunday 9-6 pm. On the second weekend of each month, April 13-14 2019 being our final weekend.
Early bird discount $2300 if paid in full before July 1,
or if preregister with $300 deposit before May 1
Monthly Payment Plans Available
$150.00 of the deposit is non-refundable
If you decide not to participate and inform JivaPatha SCY in writing 6 weeks prior to the first
session, you will receive a refund on tuition paid minus $150.00 of the deposit and a 20%
process fee. Otherwise NO CREDIT can be given.
* If JivaPatha cancels, you will be refunded in full. No refunds or credit will be issued for
classes postponed for inclement weather. Every effort will be made to reschedule such classes
In order to insure the quality of the program is sustained, we only accept 10 students into this
program. We fill out and have had waiting lists for the past several years, please sign up early.
Please fill out the Application to apply to the JivaPatha SCY Teacher Training. Email, drop off
or post your completed application. Teacher Trainees will receive special discounted rates for
required workshops at the studio during your training, yoga classes and retail.
- The Language of Yoga: Complete A to Y Guide to Asana Names, Sanskrit Terms, and Chants by Nicolai Bachman (includes accompanying CD for spoken translation)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary on the Raja Yoga Sutras by Sri S. Satchidananda
- Mudras: Yoga in Your Hands by Gertrud Hirschi
- Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana by Judith Lasater
- The Bhagavad Gita (Classics of Indian Spirituality) by Eknath Easwaran
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice by George Feuerstein
- All Books by A.G. Mohan
- All Books by Gary Kraftsow
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Moving Into Stillness: Erich Schiffman
- Dynamic Yoga by Godfrey Devereux
- Genius of Stretching by Bob Cooley
- The Yogi Entrepreneur by Darren Main
- The Tree of Yoga by Iyengar
- Yoga of Eating by Charles Eisenstein